Saturday, October 31, 2009

US - Community Walkable Neighbourhoods Guide

A Resident’s Guide for Creating Safe and Walkable Communities includes information, ideas, success stories, and resources to help neighborhood residents learn about issues that affect walking conditions; find ways to address or prevent these problems; and promote pedestrian safety.

This Guide also contains fact sheets, worksheets, and sample materials that can be distributed or adapted to meet the needs of a community. The guide contains 5 major sections:

1. Chapter 1: How can I identify problems with walking conditions in my neighborhood?
2. Chapter 2: Who can help me make my neighborhood a safer place to walk?
3. Chapter 3: How can the safety of my neighborhood be improved?
4. Chapter 4: I need more information!
5. Resource Materials

[I may have already sent this out previously, but I think no-one will object to being reminded of it. Those new to the blog may bebefit from exploring the archived articles. There are links to many reports and studies on cycling and pedestrian issues. -MH]

No comments: